INTENSIVE WATER QUENCHING
.....Licensed to Akron Steel Treating
SupR-STRONGTM Steel Parts From
Environmentally Friendly IntensiQuench® Processes
Intensive Quenching Workshop
A one-day workshop (April 24, 2013) at Hilton Garden Inn of Cleveland East/Mayfield Village, Ohio is designed to provide you with an overview of IntensiQuench® processes and production IQ equipment, examine the data from actual case studies, and give you a forum to discuss the use of intensive quenching for your products. (Read More)
IntensiQuench® is an environmentally friendly, multi-step quenching technique for the heat treatment of steel parts. In contrast to conventional oil, polymer/water or gas quenching, IntensiQuench® methods provide higher as-quenched hardness, to a deeper level in the part, while maintaining high residual compressive surface stresses, and, at the same time yielding low distortion.
Due to very fast and very uniform cooling in the first step of the Intensi-Quench® process, the entire part surface reaches the martensite transformation region at the same time regardless of the part geometry and thickness variation. Therefore, the hardened martensitic structure starts forming in a matter of seconds simultaneously throughout the whole part surface area creating a firm case or shell with high compressive stresses on the part surface.
- Increases the depth of hardness
- Eliminates surface cracking
- Minimizes part distortion
- Achieves the same or better metallurgical properties while using lower alloy, less costly steel.
- Provides an optimum combination of high surface compressive stress; high-strength, wear-resistant quenched layer; and relatively soft but properly strengthened core resulting in longer part life.